Molding is a simple and cost effective way to add a finishing touch to practically any room in your home. You can easily bring a touch of elegance or a modern feel to your living room, kitchen or bedroom just by adding a classic crown molding. There’s a reason why Houston Hardwoods Inc. is well known for our extensive selection of custom moldings. Our custom millwork shop can provide you with a wide variety of moldings in a range of styles, wood types and shades. All of our moldings are designed to fit anything from a doorframe to the baseboards and trim. Plus, we can easily cut it down to size to perfectly fit practically any dimensions.
Here are just a few of the many ways you can incorporate molding from your local lumber store in Houston, TX into your home design:
- Casing: Don’t let boring doors detract from the overall look of your home. A casing can easily cover the unfinished gap between the wall and the door. This type of molding is generally two to three inches wide, which makes it the perfect piece to complement without becoming too overwhelming.
- Baseboard: The baseboard is one of the most common types of moldings. It’s used to trim the portion of the wall that meets the flooring. Typically, a baseboard measures approximately three to five inches wide. Your local lumber store in Houston, TX will most likely carry a variety of baseboard styles from the subtle to the more stylized.
- Crown: Much like the name suggests, a crown molding “crowns” any room. It serves as a decorative transition between the walls and the ceilings. An intricately styled crown molding can easily transform your home into something reminiscent of a classic Roman temple. If that’s not your style, consider a more contemporary option to add a modern feel. Visit your local lumber store in Houston, TX to get a better sense of the different styles available.
- Chair rail: The chair railing was originally implemented to protect the walls from being damaged by pieces of furniture. But not only is this type of molding functional, it is also an aesthetically pleasing way to separate two different wall styles, such as brick to wall paper or wall paper to painted wall.
- Picture molding: Want to avoid making holes in the wall when hanging up pictures? Then consider installing a picture molding. Picture molding spans the perimeter of the walls and supports hooks to hang pictures from. It can also be used to form decorative squares on the wall reminiscent of what you would find in a colonial style home.
Already planning a few ways you could incorporate molding into your next kitchen or living room re-design? If so, stop by Houston Hardwoods Inc. today to view our extensive selection of custom moldings. Once you make your selection, our on-site custom millworks can quickly cut your choice to your specifications. We’ll be happy to create a custom design if you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for in our extensive custom database.